week of november 22-28
Are you following us on social media? It’s a great way to keep up with what’s going on around the church; to get connected, like us on facebook, follow us on twitter, and follow us on instagram!
Thank you to everyone who donated food and money to our Inner City Ministry Thanksgiving food drive! In addition to all the food items, over $1000 was donated to help provide turkeys for the families.
this wednesday's offerings
- Thanksgiving Family Devo – 6:45 pm in the Chapel – In lieu of our regular Wednesday night offerings, we will spend time together as a congregation focusing on thanking God for our blessings. There will be no Needlework Outreach, university class, fellowship meal, or FriendSpeak held that evening.
Hardback copies of The Story are available at the Welcome Center; please limit to one per family.
the story - lesson 8 - november 8
The reading for Lesson 11 of The Story will be From Shepherd to King: 1 Samuel 16-18; 24; 31; 2 Samuel 6; 22; 1 Chronicles 17; Psalm 59.
- Breakfast with Santa – Saturday, Dec. 5, 8:30 – 11:00 am – Registration for Breakfast with Santa is now open! Visit www.hillsboro.org/santa to sign up, or sign up in adult Bible classes.
- Y.E.S. Angel Cards are now available at the News & Notes board. Please bring your unwrapped gift(s) to Hillsboro no later than Sunday, Dec. 6. The Y.E.S. Christmas Store will be held on Dec. 12. Hillsboro has helped make this outreach effort a success for many years – let’s continue to do so this year!
- Dinner with the Boyces – There are now more opportunities to get to know Chris, Teresa, & Sara Boyce; sign up for a day to take them out to dinner or invite them to your home! A sign-up sheet is now available at the News & Notes board.
- Sympathy is extended to the friends and family of Clara Stewart, who passed away Monday morning. Visitation will be held at the Partlow Funeral Home in Lebanon, TN on Saturday, Nov. 28 from 10:00 – 11:00 am, with the funeral to follow immediately afterward. (602 S. Cumberland Street, Lebanon, TN 37087)
- Sympathy is extended to Lucian & Emily Acuff and family in the loss of her uncle, John Huffman, who passed away on Sunday, Nov. 22. His services will be held Saturday, Nov. 28 in Louisville, KY.
- We rejoice with Tim & Emily Hubbard in the birth of a daughter, Lillie Hubbard. Lillie was born this morning at 7:00 am; both mother and baby are doing well.
- We are thrilled to introduce new members Charles & Rebecca Hightower! Charles is a Database Administrator, and Rebecca is a Preservation Planner. They are expecting the arrival of their first child in early December.
remember in prayer
Lena Carman, Jean Dennison, Martha Hall, Malinda Jones, Gatlin Macer, Lee and Ann Marsh, Harold Mitchell, Judy Williams, Elynor Williamson
- Terry Bethel, uncle of Megan Wooldridge, is doing much better and asks for continued prayers for his health.
- Karen Jerkins is recovering from a double knee replacement.
- Dwight Jones, father of our Dwight (Christine) Jones, is currently in the trauma unit at Vanderbilt after sustaining serious injuries to his head in a roofing accident. Please keep their family and his doctors in your prayers. No visitors at this time please.
- Mary Jo Tuley will be undergoing back surgery this morning at St. Thomas West.
- Susan Keel, daughter of John & Gloria Coles, is awaiting a liver transplant.
- Family and friends to remember in prayer
- Brooke, great-niece of Judy Williams
- Whit Robertson, son of co-worker of Leslie Landiss
- Diane Stephens, mother of Laura Campbell
- Ginger Young, sister of Jenifer
- David Woodring, brother of Jane Huffard
- Andy Burton, son of A. M. and Martha Burton
- Mr. and Mrs. Lionell Harrod, step-father and mother of Lisa Burgett
- Pam King, daughter of Pat and Wendell Stephenson
- Cathy Mulle and her family, niece of Judy Williams
- Mike Pruitt, friend of Tim and Diana Richards, leukemia treatments
- Susan Tice, sister-in-law of Karen Shelton