week of january 31 - February 6
Are you following us on social media? It’s a great way to keep up with what’s going on around the church; to get connected, like us on facebook, follow us on twitter, and follow us on instagram!
this wednesday's offerings - february 3
- Needlework Outreach Group – 5:00 pm in the East Fellowship Hall
- 4:12 University Class - 5:15 pm in the Chapel
- Fellowship Meal – 5:30 pm in the Fellowship Hall - Chicken & Vegetables in brown sauce, brown rice, salad with ginger dressing, egg rolls, dessert. Hosts: Mid-Lifers & Oasis
- FriendSpeak Chinese New Year celebration - 6:00 pm in the Chapel
- Classes for all ages – 6:45 pm – Winter class list available here. Class brochures are also available at the welcome center.
Sunday, FEBRUARY 7 - The Story lesson 20
- Sunday AM - 10:00 am - Matt Paden
- Sunday PM - 6:00 pm _ Mark McInteer
- Soup & Chili Supper - 7:00 pm in the fellowship hall
- The reading for Lesson 20 of The Story, The Queen of Beauty & Courage is: Ezra 1-6; Haggai 1-2; Zechariah 1; 8. Bookmarks for the winter quarter are now available at the Welcome Center, along with hardback copies of The Story. (Please only take one copy per household.)
what's new at hillsboro
- Special thanks to the D6 Life Group for hosting last night’s Soup & Chili Supper! Thanks to their hard work – and the delicious contributions by our members – it was a successful evening of fellowship & great food.
- The church office has been made aware of a need for encouragement: Carolyn Dreher is not able to make it to worship often, but would very much appreciate receiving cards from her friends at Hillsboro. (615-337-3595; 8535 Sawyer Brown Rd., Nashville, TN 37221)
- Teachers are needed for the upcoming Spring quarter (March – end of May); please contact Sheila Montgomery (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like to volunteer for one of the following positions:
- Sunday AM: 4th Grade Guide
- Wednesday PM:
- Preschool – 3’s teacher & helper
- Pathfinders – 2nd/3rd Grade Teacher; 5th/6th grade teacher
- Volunteers are needed to help with meals during Inner City on Monday evenings on the following dates: Mar. 7; Apr. 4, 11, 18; and May 2. Volunteers will help provide food and serve it to the children. If you are unable to volunteer your time on Mondays, we are also in need of people who can share the cost of the meal. Please contact Delores Davidson (DeloresDavidson60@gmail.com) if you are able to help out.
- FriendSpeak: We currently have 5 men on the FriendSpeak waiting list that need readers to partner with. Please email email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering.
- The annual Carpenter’s Square Fundraising Dinner will be held Tuesday, Feb. 9, at 6:30 pm at Hillsboro Church of Christ. More information about Carpenter’s Square and this event is available on their website: carpenterssquare.org.
- Sweetheart Banquet – Sunday, Feb. 14 – The Halftimers, Mid-Lifers, A.M. Burton class and Chapel class are invited to the upcoming Sweetheart Banquet hosted by the HYG, parents and friends. Those interested in attending may RSVP in Bible classes, or by contacting the church office. (615-665-0014; firstname.lastname@example.org)
remember in prayer
- Mary Alice Larkin is recovering at home.
- Eddie Long is in need of prayers for his health.Katherine Richardson has been sick at home for several weeks and requests prayers.
- Homer & Barbara Tidwell are in need of prayers for their health.
- Lena Carman, Martha Hall, the Hope family, Malinda Jones, Gatlin Macer, Lee Marsh, Harold Mitchell, John Moore, Patsy Poole, Judy Williams, Elynor Williamson
Lena Carman, Martha Hall, the Hope family, Malinda Jones, Gatlin Macer, Lee Marsh, Harold Mitchell, John Moore, Patsy Poole, Judy Williams, Elynor Williamson
- Family and friends to remember in prayer
- Diane Stephens, mother of Laura Campbell
- Ginger Young, sister of Jenifer
- David Woodring, brother of Jane Huffard
- Andy Burton, son of A. M. and Martha Burton
- Mr. and Mrs. Lionell Harrod, step-father and mother of Lisa Burgett
- Cathy Mulle and her family, niece of Judy Williams
- Susan Tice, sister-in-law of Karen Shelton