All personal effects MUST be packed in ONE checked bag (weighing less than 50 lbs.) and ONE TSA approved carry-on (backpack). Please familiarize yourself with TSA recommendations and guidelines prior to packing both checked and carry-on bags.
Clothing / MIsc.
- Work Gloves
- Work Shoes - closed toes, sturdy
- Work Clothes (x 5 days) - shorts and tees that you don't mind getting dirty, ruined and possible leave behind
- Lt. Jacket / Sweatshirt - It WILL get chilly at night
- Hat / Bandanna - to cover up with during the day
- Sunglasses - for (1) brightness in the sun and (2) eye protection when working
- Church / Going Out Clothes - nicer clothes to wear to church and when we go out into town for dinner; long pants and collared shirts for men; long skirts or pants and modest tops for women.
- Optional: Bedding - sheets, pillows and blankets are provided, but if you have particular needs, feel free to pack your own bedding materials
Meds / Toiletries
- Motion sickness medicine - for airplane or bus travel (as needed)
- Kaopectate / Immodium - anything you might need to make it start or stop
- Cortizone Cream - for bug bites or scratches
- Prescription Meds - must be in original bottle with YOUR name on it to get through customs
- Pain Meds - for aches and pains; Tylenol, Ibuprofen, etc.
- Pepto Bismol tablets - to take before meals
- Fiber Pills
- Soap, shampoo, other personal toiletries
- Shower shoes
- Feminine products
- Toilet paper - travel size for use in the field
- Prescription glasses / contacts - backup vision correction just in case
- Optional: Towels - towels are provided, but if you need something specific, feel free to pack your own towels and/or washcloths
Gear / Misc.
- Bible, Journal, Pen
- Mission Manual - provided prior to departure
- Passport - in a secure, dry covering
- Water bottles - 1.5 liter for use in the field
- Camera - in a protective bag
- Small flashlight - with extra batteries
- Backpack - for daily personal use to carry lunch, supplies, etc.
- Snacks / Lunch - for 5 days in the field
- Powdered drink mix - to mix with water in the field or during evenings
- Large garbage bags - to carry in the field for team trash
- Hand sanitizer - wet wipes AND liquid
- Insect repellent spray - not cream or lotion
- Sun block & lip balm - high SPF, mandatory for all team members